Do you find yourself getting distracted easily? Are you not completing tasks as timely and efficiently as you’d like? If so, read below for five helpful tips on how to improve productivity!
- Prioritize Tasks: A great way to guarantee a productive workday is to start the morning by taking five minutes to plan the day's course. Create a list of what needs to get done during the day. This not only aids in project efficiencies, but also gives you the reminder you need to keep what needs to get done top of mind. Once you have a solidified list, review it and prioritize your tasks.
- Take Breaks: Do you find yourself losing focus at different points throughout the day? Do you start to feel restless after sitting for hours? If so, implement some small breaks. Even if you take just two minutes to get up, stretch, and move your body, it will allow you to refocus. Taking a minute to reset can really help to break that slump you were just in. Breaks throughout the workday are essential to increased focus and a renewed fervor for the tasks that need to get done.
- Don’t Multitask: Do you often find yourself switching back and forth between tasks instead of focusing on one task at a time? While multitasking may make you feel like you’re getting more done, it actually has the opposite effect. It is much more productive to work on a single task at a time. So much time is saved when you’re not constantly switching back and forth between tasks. By shifting your focus to one task at a time, you are able to be much more productive and guarantee the culmination of work that needs to get done. It can also help to ease the stress you may have over all of your uncompleted tasks.
- Limit Distractions: Do you find yourself checking your phone every few minutes? Do you often stare at the TV that’s playing in the background? If so, these are most definitely serving as distractions and hindering your ability to be productive. Try leaving your phone out of reach so you aren’t able to pick it up and mindlessly scroll every few minutes. Also, try turning off the tv and opt for a different form of background noise, like a good playlist or podcast.
- Stay Organized: Is it time to refresh your organization? Clutter can become stressful, distracting, and overwhelming when you can’t find what you need. It is important to have a clean, neat, and organized space to work at. An easy way to stay organized is to take a few minutes at the end of each day to tidy up your space. This small step will set you up for success when you are ready to log back onto work the next morning.
We hope you found these tips helpful. If you still find yourself unmotivated or excited about the work you're doing, perhaps it's time for a change. If you're an IT professional that's in need of a new challenge contact our team of IT recruitment specialists to discuss the next chapter in your workforce journey!