Title: Software Engineer
Location: Broomfield, CO
Position Type: Contract
Pay: Market Rate DOE
Candidacy: W2 and Local Candidates Only
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer for their Broomfield, CO location.
Successful candidates will have experience working with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs or an industry vendor, or Video Network Operations Center. Tools or experience using Headend or Hub device configuration or monitoring tools is required, knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating commands, helpful. Ability to remotely analyze, troubleshoot and implement corrective actions. A four year Technical Degree and/or up to 5 – 8 years of experience in Cable Headends, Hubs, VOD, SDV or Video Networking.
• Lead and support the four primary functions of the Content Operations organization: Acquisition, Encoding, Transport, and Delivery.
• Responsible for the surveillance of multiple video systems across multiple geographical areas.
• Responsible for remotely troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining video services applications, CDN, VOD, SDV and Broadcast services.
• Identify and escalate to higher tier support teams complex and unique technical issues requiring in-depth evaluation to generate solutions.
• Mentors and coaches Associate Engineering team members to grow their knowledge base in handling tier2 and tier3 issues.
• Be a technical point of escalation for video events requiring 24x7 availability.
• Be a subject matter expert in video system specific area and surveillance, recognized internally as point of authority on implementing tier 1 video break fix actions.
• Complies with Content Operations Support Center objectives, policies/procedures, work schedules, and reporting metrics
• Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance systems and resolution implementation, following established operations procedures.
• Remotely troubleshoot and resolve video network issue.
• Must demonstrate leadership skills, personal initiative, and ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations. This includes the ability to maintain order and a methodical troubleshooting approach that is focused on service restoration.
• Cross-organizational skills that maintain healthy working relationships.
• Solid understanding of video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems.
• Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear/vod/nextGen encoding and transcoding platforms such as Envivio, Harmonic, Digital Rapids and Ericsson.
• Advanced understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Motorola CAP/Cherry Pickers, BMRs and NetCrypts.
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving Apple HLS & Microsoft Smooth Streaming technologies.
• Background in performing and implementing video systems break-fix a must. Familiarity with video monitoring tools, VOD, SDV, and video delivery architecture.
• Experience with network monitoring systems (Netcool, Big Brother), ticketing management systems (like Remedy) and video analysis/tools such as Tektronix Sentry, IQ plus, IQ Dialog.
• Certification in areas of expertise such as NCTI, SCTE, CCNA a plus.
• 5 – 8 years experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications. Hands-on operational experience in performing video devices or systems upgrades, and Break/Fix activities.
• 1-3 years experience with internal or external direct customer contact in a technical environment—Technical, Hub, Headend, VOD or Controller Operations, background within a MSO or vendor network environment.
• Willing to work in a shifted 24×7 operations environment.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university, or equivalent training, education and experience.
About Market Street Talent:
Market Street Talent is a dynamic, results-driven executive talent search and procurement firm based on the Seacoast of New Hampshire specializing in Information Technology placement services. We are invested in the IT vertical, employing individuals with a deep level of IT understanding, delivering individualized attention. We succeed by providing our clients with the highest level of technical recruitment and consulting services at the most competitive and cost-effective price. We pride ourselves on our ability to first understand the needs of our clients, offering our individual attention to better understand their needs. When you work with Market Street Talent, you get the best of both worlds: a nimble and flexible boutique consulting firm with world-class recruiting capabilities. Though we may seem small, Market Street Talent can roar as loud as the big guys, delivering top quality candidates quickly and efficiently; candidates that are screened, interested, highly motivated, and ready for success. We deliver more than resumes, we deliver a hiring process that works; working with our clients every step of the way to source, interview and hire those candidates best suited for each and every individual role. At Market Street Talent, we don’t just staff, we build and maintain long-term relationships. What has your staffing agency done for you lately? Try us, you will see.