Title: Senior Technical Analyst
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position Type: Direct Hire
Pay: Market Rate DOE
Candidacy: W2 and Local Candidates Only
Our client is looking for a Senior Technical Analyst to join their team in Cambridge, MA.
The Senior Technology Analyst is the most senior level technical resource on the support services team and will possess expert level technical skills with significant experience support all aspects of a mixed end-point environment. The Analyst will demonstrate maturity, professionalism and judgment, acting as a mentor and set an example for other members of the support team.
The STA will be a technical adviser to Team Leads, providing guidance and insight into end-point and audio-visual technologies, especially around standardization and automation, generating stability improvements, and overall efficiency in the support process. They will provide technical oversight in projects and work in partnership with management to coordinate daily operations, and to identify and correct service issues through root-cause analysis.
The STA will mentor junior technicians and guide them through difficult technical issues while working to improve their knowledge and strengthen their technical skills. The STA will be the ultimate escalation point for complex technical issues or sensitive support situations with senior staff and faculty. They will be an articulate and approachable technology advocate, skilled in providing informed technical consulting, while also maintaining support standards and practices.
• Acts as an ally and mentor to all other members of the support team, being approachable, sharing, and friendly, while offering whatever aid they can to assure that customer issues are being efficiently and precisely addressed.
• Provide performance feedback and development suggestions to the Manager of Technical Support Services; help with developing key performance indicators for the support team to improve service delivery and overall performance.
• Will have administrative responsibilities for back-end systems including account management systems, printing and enterprise applications.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies and Windows scripting and experience leveraging system management tools such as SCCM and Casper in an enterprise environment to improve operational efficiencies.
• Works closely with peers in the Enterprise Infrastructure Group and act as a knowledge bridge back to TSS. Assure that the support staff understands processes and procedures related to accounts and other EIG tasks.
• Acts as a back-up to the TSS Team Leads, occasionally supervising, assuring the standard procedures are followed, and acting as an escalation point for complex and sensitive issues.
• Follow and enforce the guidelines provided in all policies and procedures; assist in the development and updating of such procedures.
• Develops training materials and provide training for incoming staff, co-ops/students.
• Consults with faculty and senior staff on wide range of complex hardware, software, and operating system issues on Dell, Lenovo and Macintosh platforms. Finds, implements, and documents integrated solutions to computer problems. Researches, recommends and deploys technologies to enhance service.
• Directly leads or provides oversight of TSS staff on technology projects being driven by other departments within ITS.
• On an as needed basis, provides knowledgeable technical support, uses remote support tools to assist and escalates to Manager of TSS or EIG when appropriate.
BA strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 5 years of technical support experience within a diverse user community. Must be able to life 40+ pounds.
• Industry recognized technical certifications a plus
• Demonstrated experience in leading technology projects
• Experience in mentoring technicians and cooperative work-queue management required
• Advanced level of knowledge required in troubleshooting a broad range of issues with Windows and Macintosh based hardware and software (including multiple OS), network connectivity issues and computer imaging technologies.
• Knowledge of the use and design of AV hardware and software with experience troubleshooting media services technology
• Working knowledge and an appreciation for Agile principles and the ITIL framework
• Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with a strong dedication to customer service
• Knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, and terminal services (or equivalent remote troubleshooting technologies) required
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS, and Active Directory plus Microsoft Exchange
• Must be capable of independently analyzing, prioritizing and resolving a wide range of users’ technical issues within high-volume work environment while meeting high level service expectations
• Available 24×7 for emergency support.
About Market Street Talent:
Market Street Talent is a dynamic, results-driven executive talent search and procurement firm based on the Seacoast of New Hampshire specializing in Information Technology placement services. We are invested in the IT vertical, employing individuals with a deep level of IT understanding, delivering individualized attention. We succeed by providing our clients with the highest level of technical recruitment and consulting services at the most competitive and cost-effective price. We pride ourselves on our ability to first understand the needs of our clients, offering our individual attention to better understand their needs. When you work with Market Street Talent, you get the best of both worlds: a nimble and flexible boutique consulting firm with world-class recruiting capabilities. Though we may seem small, Market Street Talent can roar as loud as the big guys, delivering top quality candidates quickly and efficiently; candidates that are screened, interested, highly motivated, and ready for success. We deliver more than resumes, we deliver a hiring process that works; working with our clients every step of the way to source, interview and hire those candidates best suited for each and every individual role. At Market Street Talent, we don’t just staff, we build and maintain long-term relationships. What has your staffing agency done for you lately? Try us, you will see.